I was recently tagged by my new friend Becca to participate in a little interesting facts about you post. Basically, I have to come up with 11 fun facts about myself (this was difficult) and then answer the questions she made up for me. I figured this would be fun since I haven’t done anything like it on the blog. So enjoy!
Here are the rules:
- You must post the rules.
- Post eleven fun facts about yourself on the blog post.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
- Tag eleven people and link them on your post
- Let them know you’ve tagged them!
I don’t know 11 people so I’m just gonna skip that part. I’m so popular.
Facts about me!
- I am a gifted snowflake maker. I decorated all the windows in my office with cut out snowflakes for Christmas. I’ve been informed that I need to switch it up now. Any ideas? Perhaps hearts for V-day? Shamrocks for St. Patty’s Day? This could become a thing.
- I have 3 tattoos. I got my first one when I was 18 and headed off to college. I got the other 2 a year after I graduated. I don’t regret them. And yes, they were super, super painful.
- I enjoy donating blood. I discovered this in college when we would get 2 hours of community service for our sororities if we donated blood. Now it makes me feel like I’ve done a good deed. Plus, they always have yummy food that you “have” to eat afterwards.
- I love thunderstorms. No, really. I love them. So much. I’m like a giddy school girl every time one rolls in.
- During the 1998 and 1999 seasons I watched or listened to almost every single Yankees game – for the ENTIRE season. That’s 162 games. I was a bit obsessed. My friends hated hanging out with me those summers.
- I played and quit 3 instruments when I was a kid – piano, flute, and guitar. I felt God was sending me a message to stop when the keys on my flute fell off one day when I was playing. It turns out, I am not musically talented.
- I have broken 1 bone – my collar-bone. Which I broke at the SigEp Winter Formal, my Sophomore year, the night before my Grandmother’s wedding. My mom was so pleased when I called her at midnight to let her know I was in the hospital.
- My favorite author is Edgar Allan Poe. I’ve loved him since I was little and my mom would make me do fake book reports over the summer on his short stories. Seems a bit creepy now that I think about it. Thanks mom.
- I have a secret crush on Dave Grohl. I love that man. Sorry Rick.
- Once of my biggest regrets is that I didn’t become fluent in Italian when I studied abroad in Florence. You would think after 4 semesters of taking a language and 4 months of living there I’d be at least decent at speaking. Ugh.
- I hate the winter. I am looking out my window right now and thinking about how it is the worst season. I hate the cold, I hate how gray it is, I hate the lack of green. Hate hate hate. Is it summer yet?
Now on to Becca’s questions:
1. What is your dream job? If I could have any job in the world it would be Anthony Bourdains. I cannot think of anything better than getting paid to travel to different countries, eat incredible (though sometimes disgusting) food, and experience new cultures. Damn you Bourdain.
2. Where would you like to live, in your ideal world? Growing up I always wanted to live in NYC. Now that I live here, I can’t wait to move to the suburbs and have room to spread out. Ideally in some cute New England town or maybe on a plantation in the south. Or, if I could put up with the Italian men, in a villa in Tuscany.
3. What is your drink of choice? a beer or a glass of bourbon
4. Cat person or dog person? Cat! I’ll totally be an old cat lady. I embrace it.
5. What is your favorite restaurant and what do you typically order there? Cafe Katja – the sausage sampler. Mmm. Think it’s time to hit that up again soon.
6. Did you have a good time at prom? Yeah but I wouldn’t necessarily want to go back and do it again. They breathalized us at the door.
7. Would you prefer to get dressed up and go out or wear sweats and stay in with a good friend/significant other? Sweats and stay in.
8. What was your most embarrassing moment? Well I’ve already mentioned the falling down and breaking my collar-bone incident. Then there was the time when I was a kid and was at the local pool and I forgot to put my bathing suit bottom on. When I pulled down my shorts I realized I was just in my underwear. Oops.
9. What will you be doing during the Super Bowl this year? Not sure but I will be drinking, eating, and rooting for the GMen! Woot. Go Giants!
10. How did you make the decision to go to your college of choice? When trying to decide what college to accept I went back for a day visit to Bucknell. It was one of those glorious Spring days that only happen in the bubble. Sunny, warm, all of the kids laying out on the quad. I just remember thinking – this is what college is supposed to be like. That made my decision easy.
11. One place in the world you want to go before you die? There’s too many. Southeast Asia, Germany, Brazil, Croatia (but only if I’m with Ivana), Egypt, New Zealand. I could go on forever.
Well there you have it. I’ll be updating again soon on Kittichai and the Beer, Bourbon, & BBQ festival I’ll be attending this weekend.